Ever wonder if the BRAND of the air conditioning unit should be an important factor in the decision of which unit to purchase? Purchasing a new AC unit can be confusing, with so many options available. How can you know which option is the BEST for you? We wanted to put some important information together to assist homeowners in the decision-making process.
Many consumers have experienced the overwhelming feeling of “what do I do”? when we need to make a significant purchase and there is so much information available that it becomes very confusing. If you are doing online research or meeting with HVAC companies to evaluate your options, you will find that everyone will claim that they are the best company and that they sell the best brand- Are they?
To assist, we at NRG Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. , with over 35 years of experience, maintaining, servicing, and installing AC & Heating units have put together some information we have learned that can assist you in making the right decision for you and your family. Before you start you need to ask yourself a few questions.
- ARE THERE SPECIFIC FEATURES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU?
- Is efficiency important to you?
- Are Noise levels important to you?
- Do you want equipment that is American-made?
- Do you need a single-stage or variable-stage system?
- Does the equipment you need have any state code requirements that must be met? For example- Make sure that if you live in the West coast area that the equipment you are looking for is compatible.
- It helps to know what you want before you can find the best company and brand to meet your needs. Make a list of must-haves and try to include details. (size, style, space requirements, available accessories, air quality benefits, warranties, etc). Once you have that list, narrow down the brands that may fit what you have in mind and look over the ones that don’t. This will help you streamline the selection process.
BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET
AC Models can vary in the price range. Make a list of the specific features that are important to you and make sure they are aligned with your budget. If paying cash, check or credit card check to see if the HVAC company you are talking to you offer specials on cash payments. There are also options to finance that can allow you to purchase a system that provides value and comfort that may be over your current budget but can be attainable through a financing option. Make sure to evaluate the financing options available with your bank, and with the HVAC companies in your area to receive the best option for you.
3. PICK THE RIGHT HVAC COMPANY
Choosing the right HVAC contractor is one of the most important parts of purchasing an HVAC system. The truth is many people think that air conditioning units last longer and are better if the brand is “well known”, but we do not agree. Actually in fact, today many of the parts used to assemble ac units are very similar, sometimes identical. Marketing is a huge component in what consumers “believe” and has a huge impact on consumers’ decision-making. Here is a list of the important items you need to know before choosing an HVAC company.
1. How long have they been in business? Most HVAC companies will not last 5 years. (Check to make sure what they say, is accurate) 🙂
2. Do they have a C-20 license? Is it theirs or do they have an RMO- which means they are renting it. Be aware!
3. Ask to see their worker’s compensation policy, General liability too! You as the homeowner DO NOT want to have liability if anyone gets hurt in your home.
4. Testimonials-? Ask to speak to clients that have had similar work done in the last 12 months.
5. Check to see what kind of warranties and guarantees they offer.
6. Check to see if they offer maintenance plans for the HVAC units they install.
Hope this was helpful. For any other information and assistance, feel free to contact us. 1.800.880.0004 www.nrgair.com